HOW TO DO A BEAUTY DETOX WITH WHEATGRASS

10:16 AM Galmeetsglitter 0 Comments




WHY YOU SHOULD  DETOX YOUR BODY?
If you are looking to ditch your regular fat foods and start a healthy, whole food diet, then you probably need to start by detoxing your body. The logic behind this is simple. When you go to a hair stylist to get some hair care treatment done, they first wash your hair or at least ask you if you washed your hair, right? It's because clean scalp helps in maximum absorption of the nutrients from the treatment. Same is the case with our body. The cleaner it is, the more nutrients and vitamins it absorbs. After years of dumping fast foods and unhealthy options in to your body, your digestive system needs some cleansing. So you need to detox in order to reap maximum benefits out of your new, healthy diet.

HOW SHOULD I START  DETOXING?
There are many options available in the market for detoxing your body. But many of them are pre-made and filled with preservatives. It is always best to choose  preservative-free options. Wheat grass is the number one option that comes to my head when some one asks me where to start with detox.

WHEAT GRASS FOR DETOX:
With 70% chlorophyll, it is the one of the best green super foods available. It is the best option to introduce your body to the green food world. It is rich in anti-oxidants and is a great supplement for people suffering with low hemoglobin levels. My mom used to say me every time she hands me a glass of wheat grass "Drinking wheat grass is just like you are literally drinking blood" --which means it improves the hemoglobin levels and improves your blood level. My face, at one point, looked puffy and life less (some abnormal way which is difficult to describe.. but doctor said it is due to the lack of blood). I personally found a great difference in my face with a daily wheat grass shot for a month.

It is anti-inflammatory, anti-leukemia and prevents cancer. A food rich in chlorophyll implies it increases the level of oxygen in the blood. Increased oxygen level in the blood means the blood is purified and cleansed. This is the secret behind detoxification. Wheat grass, being one of the chlorophyll rich foods, it is great for detoxification.

It makes your skin glow and aids in weight loss. It is available in the powder form or you can even grow it in the comfort of your home!! Just plant some wheat seeds and they sprout up in no time!!
A good news for all the gluten-free lovers is that wheat grass is gluten free!! Though wheat flour contains gluten, wheat grass is free from it!! So people following any type of diet can include this super food in their daily regimen without any hesitation!!

WHEAT GRASS DETOX JUICE RECIPE:
If you are using the powder form, add 1 teaspoon. If using the fresh wheat grass leaves, pluck a handful of them and throw them in the blender. I personally can drink it plain just by adding water (Lol I am a weirdo.. I know). It is not that bad, after all. However, if you can not tolerate the taste, I have one tasty recipe made up to make things better!! Add lemon juice from half a lemon and 1 teaspoon of honey to it!! Trust me, this one will taste amazing and refreshing!!

So guys, I hope you all loved this post!! Let me know in the comments what do you think ,after trying out the juice. If you are already a wheat grass addict and have some awesome recipes to share.. please do it!! I would love to read them all!!Will meet you in my next post... stay beautiful!!





You Might Also Like

0 comments: