Get rid of cellulite, stretch marks and redness with this homemade coffee face & body scrub

11:34 AM Galmeetsglitter 17 Comments

If there is one product I cannot live without in winter, that has to be scrubs.  Our skin gets dry and flaky in winter. Scrubbing helps in getting rid of the dead skin and infuses moisture into your thirsty skin cells.

Speaking of scrubs, did you observe that, recently skin care market is flooded with tons of super-expensive products made from coffee? Today, I am going to share with you how to make your own coffee scrub with very few ingredients easily available in your kitchen.Homemade scrubs are amazing!! You get to know what exactly are you putting on your body. Also, as i always say, using a tomato is far better than using a super-expensive face cream made with tomato extract, both for your wallet and skin. I am sure, this DIY is a treat for coffee lovers!! Before getting into how to make it, lets see why our skin needs coffee?

Coffee is a great anti-inflammatory agent. It reduces redness and inflammation. It has diuretic acid and it plumps up  the skin making it less wrinkled. When applied topically, it reduces the appearance of cellulite and stretch marks. It brightens the skin and the anti-oxidants in coffee fight against the free radicals, making it a great anti-aging skin food. Turns out,caffeine in the coffee is not so bad after all!! When used topically, it constricts the blood vessels. So it is a great remedy for reducing swelling and puffiness!! My face usually turns puffy in the mornings and a small dose of coffee scrub in  my morning routine takes care of it. On some mornings, when I have ample time, I scrub my face with it and leave it on for 10 mins, for extra benefits.  If your face tends to get puffy like mine, then coffee should be your skin's new best friend!!

Are you excited to join me in making this scrub after reading all the amazing skin benefits of coffee?
Then read on!! All you need to make this scrub are:

1. 1 cup of coffee powder(slightly coarse)
2. 1 cup of granulated sugar (white/brown)
3. Olive oil
4. A mixing bowl

Sugar is a great for exfoliation and olive oil hydrates and nourishes the skin.Pour 1 cup of coffee and 1 cup of sugar into a bowl and mix them well. Then add 3 teaspoons of olive oil to it. Keep mixing and adding oil till desired consistency has achieved. The scrub shouldn't be too oily or too dry. You will know the right consistency when the scrub binds to the skin without falling off and at the same time, it should be grainy and shouldn't lose its exfoliating nature. I used nearly 5 teaspoons of oil to get the right consistency. It is super quick and easy to make!! Takes just a couple of minutes to make!! You can store it in the refrigerator if you want, but it stays good for a few weeks at room temperature. I usually keep mine in the bathroom in a mason jar and make a fresh batch every 2 weeks.

Your skin will feel smooth and nourished just after the first use. Let me know how you like it after trying :)


You Might Also Like

17 comments:

  1. Oh I love this idea! I think I'm going to try it this week, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about coffee scrubs, this sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im going to try this on my legs and get them summer ready early. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im going to try this on my legs and get them summer ready early. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it on legs too and it feels very hydrating. U will be left with super soft skin. Let me know how it worked for u :)

      Delete
  5. I've always been tempted to try a coffee scrub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are a coffee lover like me, I bet u will get addicted to this scrub :)

      Delete
  6. I love this scrub, coffee is really good for improving skin appereance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long did it take for you to see results?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In terms of making my skin smooth and hydrated, I saw the results with in my first use.I have been using this scrub twice a week for 4 months now and I have seen a noticeable improvement in my cellulite areas.But again, I have combined healthy food and workouts along with this scrub, which also made some improvement in cellulite.

      Delete
    2. In terms of making my skin smooth and hydrated, I saw the results with in my first use.I have been using this scrub twice a week for 4 months now and I have seen a noticeable improvement in my cellulite areas.But again, I have combined healthy food and workouts along with this scrub, which also made some improvement in cellulite.

      Delete